Friday, December 12, 2008

My Finger

Okay, here's the story: My dad loves tacos. It's his favorite food in the world, so today at work, they had a taco party for lunch. Everyone was supposed to bring something. Ben was assigned guacamole and ketchup. I make a killer guacamole. He left for basketball after the kids went to bed and I decided to get started making it. I was dumb and cut off the side of my finger whilst chopping jalapenos. It hurt like the devil and didn't stop bleeding until the next day, but I'm feeling much better. Several people have asked me what it looks like. I have it all bandaged up and I'm not about to take it all apart whenever someone wants to see it, so I took a picture of it when I was changing bandages. So, if you get grossed out easily, don't look!














It was bleeding A LOT last night and throbbing terribly, so I had to sleep with my finger elevated. Ben got me all set up :-) I know, I LOOK comfortable, but I didn't sleep well and woke up with my hand totally numb and a kink in my neck. By the way, I'm not crying, I was just making my "I'm in pain" face.

You want to know what's really awkward? I got a paper cut later today on the same hand and got onion juices in the cut! The universe hates me! Oh, and just so you know, I managed to find the severed chunk of flesh before it ended up in the guacamole.

No comments: