Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kindle Cover

I love my Kindle, but the covers are so expensive! I decided to make one myself and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
I went to the library and bought a hardcover book that is a little bigger than my Kindle. It was $1. Well worth the investment.
Then I went home and ripped all the pages out (except the front blank page). Yep. I've ALWAYS wanted to do that to a library book.

Then I cut a rectangle the size of my book out of foam board. Then I cut a hole out of the middle the size of my Kindle. Cover it in scrap fabric and glue some elastic at the top and bottom to hold the Kindle inside.

Then cover the inside of the book cover in fabric and glue the foam rectangle to the back cover. I put a band of fabric on the front and back covers too, just to make it pretty.


No comments: