Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nicole turns 5

Nicole's birthday was last week. I can't believe she's only 5 years old. Is that weird? I feel like she acts so much older than that. Of course, I'm glad she's only 5 because the teenage years scare me to death.

Nicole wanted to have boys and girls at her birthday, so we decided to go with a gender neutral birthday theme -- crazy hats. I went to Goodwill and bought a bunch of random hats and the kids had a blast. They played with toys, played a couple of hat games, ran around screaming (and breaking things, unfortunate news for my curio), made their own crazy hats, and ate pizza and cookies. Nicole didn't want cake this year -- she wanted cookies. Not just any cookies, Daddy's chocolate chip cookies with coconut. For her, she wanted a stack of cookies with a pattern of ice cream and pink frosting in between the layers. I couldn't make this stuff up, people.
Personally, I think it looks like something from a Dr. Seuss book, but she thought it was great. Did she eat it? Nope. But that's okay, that much sugar isn't good for anyone.
Here's a few more random pictures from her party:
 Nicole's crazy hat extended to her face.
 Back row: Haley, Nicole, Conner, Megan. Front row: Carter, Kaytie, Tyler, Tori.
I love this little girl more than I can say.
I can't believe my little girl has turned from this...
to this!
She is funny, talented, smart as a whip, sweet, gorgeous, loving, a little mischievous, and as girly as they come. I love you, Colie-bear. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! I wish I could have come to your crazy hat birthday party.

Today I caught a snake and I put him in a box. I'm going to feed him worms tomorrow so that he doesn't get too hungry. He's very pretty. He's called a "Red Tailed Pipe Snake". You can look up pictures on the internet.

I can't believe you're 5 years old already! I love you very much!

Uncle Ryan