I was reading in The Ensign just now and found a "Gratitude Challenge" that was directed to the youth of the church. I decided that I should do it myself.
10 physical abilities I am grateful for:
1. I can see, hear, smells, touch, and taste without troubles.
2. I had free surgery on my foot so now I can walk with less discomfort.
3. I am tall enough to reach the highest cupboards in my kitchen.
4. My body is healthy enough to keep me free from medications most of the time.
5. I have steady hands.
6. I can breathe without the use of an oxygen tank or inhaler.
7. I have a healthy back which enables me to lift and carry my children.
8. I have 10 fingers and 10 toes which help me to run farther and type faster.
9. I have strong fingernails to scratch my itches.
10. I can do 10 cartwheels in a row down a hill before I fall over.
10 material possessions I am grateful for:
1. My 1999 Midnight Blue Jeep Cherokee that always gets me where I need to go.
2. A home where I can raise my children.
3. My laptop and iPhone that help me stay in touch.
4. My refrigerator and freezers that keep my food from spoiling.
5. My camera that helps me capture memories.
6. My bed. It is so unbelievably comfortable. I want to be in it all the time.
7. My dog. He loves me for me.
8. The Calvin and Hobbes artwork my brother-in-law made. It makes me smile every day.
9. My clothes that keep me warm, modest, and cute.
10. All of my hair products that help me control this curly head of hair.
10 living people I am grateful for:
1. My husband. He's the best. :)
2. My family. (if we share blood or I'm married to someone who shares your blood, you are included in this.)
3. My beach girls. They build me up, make me laugh, and help me stay sane.
4. My Young Women that taught me so much about who I want to be.
5. The teachers I had in school and church.
6. My ex-boyfriends that taught me how to stand up for myself.
7. The doctors that help me when someone I love is sick or hurt.
8. The wonderful men and women that teach my children.
9. The leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
10. The people who are mean to me. They help me learn patience, tolerance, and humility.
10 deceased people I am thankful for:
1. My Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Loe for being some of the most loving people I ever met.
2. Joseph Smith for being brave enough to do what he was told.
3. The countless men and women that have died defending our country.
4. My Grandma Lenz for singing me funny Australian songs.
5. My Great Grandma Lenz who taught me that eating raw pork sausage off the floor won't really hurt you.
6. The Founding Fathers of our nation.
7. Robert Jordan, for writing some of the greatest books I've ever read.
8. My childhood pet, Sam. I know he's not a person, but he was the greatest dog ever and I still miss him.
9. Adam and Eve, for their understanding of the plan God had in store for them.
10. Jesus Christ, who suffered and died for my sins so that I can be saved.
10 things about nature that I am grateful for:
1. Sunsets and sunrises.
2. Warm summer wind and cloudless, icy, winter days.
3. Green grass that lasts all year long.
4. Flowers of all shapes, sizes, colors, and scents.
5. The beautiful colors of autumn.
7. The ocean and it's beaches.
8. Water in all forms: oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, rain, snow, ice, waterfalls, etc.
9. The beautiful and diverse animals in this world.
10 things about today that I'm grateful for:
1. I got to go to church and feel the Spirit.
2. My husband helped me with a birthday present for my dad.
3. My kids all hugged and kissed and and wanted to spend time with me.
4. I got to see my friends at church.
5. Baxter let me brush his hair without trying to eat the brush.
6. I made super yummy chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.
7. I beat Tyler at air hockey.
8. I painted a sweet picture of the "snowman house of horrors" from Calvin and Hobbes.
9. I had a pretty good hair day.
10. Everyone is asleep and I have a few quiet minutes to myself.
10 places on earth I am grateful for:
1. Multnomah Falls.
2. BYU's Provo Campus
3. The beaches of Oahu.
4. Lincoln City, Oregon.
5. Vancouver, Washington.
6. Portland, Oregon.
7. Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
8. The Caribbean.
10 modern inventions that I'm grateful for:
2. Digital cameras.
4. Running water.
6. Cell phones.
7. Christmas lights.
8. Hair dryers.
9. The Slap-Chopper.
10. Treadmills. Because I'd hate to have to walk outside and get fresh air.
10 foods I am thankful for (I LOVE food):
2. Meatballs. BBQ, swedish, sweet and sour, spaghetti and m. I love them all.
4. Fruit salad.
5. Roasted vegetables.
6. Chicken curry.
7. Breakfast burritos with eggs, hashbrowns, ham, salsa, and cheese.
8. Nachos with olives, guacamole, sour cream, refried beans, lots of cheese, salsa, and lettuce.
10. Mashed potatoes and gravy.
10 things about the gospel that I am grateful for:
1. The atonement of Jesus Christ.
2. The resurrection.
3. The Bible and Book of Mormon.
4. The law of Tithing.
5. The Relief Society program.
6. The Priesthood.
7. Our sweet prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.
8. Temple ordinances.
10. My testimony.
Well, I made it. It took me an hour, but I had a wonderful time thinking of all of these amazing things that are part of my life. I am truly grateful for so many things in my life and I could never write them all down. It is my hope that I will be able to keep these things in my heart and try to be more diligent about counting my blessings so that I can keep a positive attitude and outlook with me always.