Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy 31st Birthday, Ben!

Yesterday was Ben's birthday and since it was Sunday, we mostly celebrated on Saturday. We went to Cinetopia and saw the new Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe and then went to Outback where Ben ate a New York strip steak, garlic mashed potatoes, a bowl of baked potato soup, and half of my Parmesan pasta. I was so full of soda and popcorn from the movie that half way through my meal, I was stuffed to the brim. Ben also had a drink that consisted of strawberries, Red Bull and Ginger ale. It smelled bad and tasted worse. I will never understand why people drink Red Bull. Seriously, there are less disgusting ways to get a caffeine boost. Anyway, it was a fun night. Pretty much any night where we don't have the kids with us is great. Thanks Mom and Dad for keeping them! Sunday we went to church, hung out, made and then ate carrot cake, and had hamburgers, potato salad, and corn on the cob for dinner. I think Ben was mostly just bored all day, but at least he didn't have to work!
I asked Ben what he wanted for his birthday and his response was "I don't know." Typical Ben. So, I asked the kids what they wanted to get him. Tyler said, "something to wear when he's playing basketball." Nicole said, "a whole new church outfit! (meaning a suit -- but we settled for just a new tie)." Tori said, "weroiublkjweroiuvlksmerniuyblknmbejkrliu  shirt." I didn't get the first part, but I thought a shirt was a good idea so we went with that. Ben knew what he wanted from me for his birthday, but I won't write about that here because I'm pretty sure none of you want to know the details. :-) My mom got him a new basketball, but it's not here yet, so we'll just stretch his birthday out for a few days and hopefully it'll be here soon.
Those of you who see Ben regularly know that he's not a huge fan of shaving. He shaves as little as he can. I sort of love when he's reffing basketball games because he has to shave (I'm not a fan of facial hair -- not fun to kiss). Well, he was pretty scruffy and I didn't think he'd shave on his birthday, but he did. Only, he missed a spot. See?


How am I supposed to take him seriously with this?!?!? This is what happens when he gets bored in the shower. I should put a t.v. in there or something to prevent this from happening in the future. But you know what? I love him. Weird child molester stache or not. He's my best friend and the love of my life. Happy Birthday, Benamin. Imaluvu.

No comments: