Saturday, November 6, 2010

Grocery Store Frustrations

One of my biggest frustrations in life is getting home from the grocery store and realizing that I have forgotten something absolutely crucial to my menu for the week. Like wanting to make carrot soup and forgetting to buy carrots. Not really any way to get around that. Even worse than that is when I get home and get my ingredients that I already have at home and then realizing that I don't have enough of it! Liquid smoke is not usually something that I run out of. You know why? Because I hardly ever use it. I made BBQ meatballs today and I make homemade BBQ sauce to go with it. This sauce is NOT BBQ sauce without liquid smoke. I need 2 tablespoons and when I was ready to add this key ingredient I opened the bottle and found this:
Nothing. Empty. Crap.

No comments: