Kristi's Caramel French Toast Breakfast Casserole
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups eggs (just crack into a measuring cup until it reaches that point)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices of Cinnamon Burst bread from WinCo’s bakery, cut into cubes, crust optional.
- Put bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel mixture over bread cubes. Stir to coat evenly, pour caramel covered bread into 9x13 pan. (I put down parchment paper to keep it from sticking)
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and chill overnight or about 8 hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown and set.
- Serve warm. I served mine with a mixed berry compote and Cool Whip. Also good with apple pie filling, maple syrup, or just powdered sugar.