Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nicole's 6th Birthday

It's Nicole's 6th Birthday! I won't say that it seems like just yesterday she was born, because it doesn't feel like yesterday... it feels like 6 years. I don't think I've hit that time in my life where time passes extra quickly. I have loved every single day with this little girl. She is such an amazing girl! She is the girliest girl I have ever met in my life. She loves everything sparkly, pink, or soft. She wants to wear makeup and dress "fancy" all the time. She wants to wear perfume every single day. She loves being a girl! But at the same time, she loves to do karate, loves pirates, and loves to wrestle. Her love of pirates has inspired her birthday party for this year.
8:30 am -- Nicole wanted a special birthday breakfast: scrambled eggs, toast, and chocolate milk. The only reason this is different from normal breakfast is the chocolate milk. Easy enough for me!

9:10 am -- Drove Nicole to school instead of making her walk. Plus, I had to bring her treats for her class and I didn't want to carry it the whole way. What complicated, time consuming treat was a required to make for her kindergarten class? OTTER POPS! It doesn't get any easier than that!

11:30 am -- Nicole wanted a special birthday lunch. Last year I brought Tyler a Happy Meal at school. I assumed she would want the same thing. She surprised me by asking for macaroni and cheese from Panera instead. That's my girl! She also wanted root beer, but Panera doesn't sell it so I had to go down a few doors and get one from Chipolte. She loved eating restaurant food at school.

1:15 pm -- Today was early release so Nicole got to come home early. Her friends walked home from school with her and we had our pirate party.


 The kids made these pirate hats and loved wearing them. They had sword fights and played pirates for an hour. Nicole wanted a very weird unique cake. She wanted a chocolate cake with grey frosting and chocolate decorations. She did the decorating all by herself. I set out the rest of the chocolate and the kids added whatever decorations they wanted to their own slices of cake.

3:00 pm -- Party is over. Whew. Nicole got to hang out and help me put her presents away while she got ready for karate. She was so excited to tell her karate friends that it was her birthday, especially her teacher. She has a little bit of a crush on him. In the hour between the party and karate, Nicole decided to try out her new face paints that Tori gave her:

I was able to scrub it off of Nicole's face before karate, but Tori's eyebrows are stained red! She looks weird and devilish. I hope it fades soon.

5:00 pm -- we had Nicole's birthday dinner. She wanted chicken curry and broccoli. We ate quickly and got ready for the family party.

6:00 pm -- Grandma Lisa, Diego, Aunt Susie, Grandma Belva, and Grandpa Wiley came over for our little get together. We did presents and then had brownies with powdered sugar, whipped cream and hot fudge.


At the end of the day, she was hopped up on sugar, but exhausted. She went to bed feeling happy that she was finally 6 and she couldn't wait to measure herself to see how much she had grown. I'm afraid she's going to be sorely disappointed to find that she's the same height.
Happy Birthday, Nicole! We love you.

1 comment:

Annie said...

She could definitely give Kiera Knightly a run for her money! Nicole is the cutest little pirate ever! Looks like a fun party!