Friday, June 13, 2008

I am utterly depressed.

Not that any of you care, but if you happen to talk to me today, or tomorrow, or maybe even Sunday, if I seem a bit down, don't worry, it's not entirely your fault. Allow me to explain.

Well, there is not much to explain. The Lakers choked away a 24 point lead last night in the Finals against Boston. In L.A.'s defense, I guess it is hard to win when you're playing with your hands wrapped around your own throat, but I digress.

It is a little weird how much this is bothering me. They have lost games before, lost in the playoffs, got beaten in the Finals, and have even missed the playoffs entirely. When those things happened I was not happy, but it took me about 3.72354 seconds to get over it. Not this time though!

For example, literally the first thought that popped into my head this morning when I woke up was, "I can't believe they lost that game!" How bizarre is that? I normally listen to sports talk radio at my desk all day, and have been known to peruse ESPN.com on occassion. But I just can't bring myself to do either today! And I know I won't be watching SportsCenter until Sunday at the earliest and that is only if the Lakers manage to pull their heads out of their, uh, (can I say rectal cavity or is that too gross?) rear ends and win on Sunday.

I can't believe how bitter/saddened I am by this development; I am not used to these feelings, and therefore do not deal with them very well, so bear with me as I navigate this uncharted (for me) territory.

1 comment:

Miracle Gro said...

(opens a 40 and pours some out) " and one for Ben, who is clearly distraught to the point of writing his feelings on the internet." I sympathize with your reaction to the Lakers' lack-luster performance. Even the gardener was surprised at the outcome. You would think that this is something only the Jazz would do.