Monday, December 24, 2007

Ice Cream for Breakfast (What are Grandparents for?)

The kids are unbelievably excited for Christmas. They are excited for the presents (duh) but they were also very excited for Grandma Debbi, Papa Jim, and Uncle Zach to come. With the grandparents sleeping in Tyler's room, that means they both get to sleep in Nicole's room. They love sharing a room. I can't tell you how happy that makes me because they will be sharing a room when the baby comes. They don't want to wait until April, they want to start now! After everyone leaves, we're going to move the furniture around in Tyler's room and get it all ready for them. I thought about trying to redecorate so that it worked for boys and girls, but Nicole really doesn't care what it looks like. Anyway, they are both thrilled that their grandparents are here and they pretty much leave me alone and play with them instead. I'm not gonna lie, it's nice to get a little break from being the favorite. Unfortunately, they aren't used to the beautiful December weather here in the the Northwest and the rain is starting to get to them. It stopped raining today for a few minutes and Grandma got the kids bundled up and took them for a walk. They went to Target and looked at all of the toys and got a treat. I don't usually let them eat treats until after they have breakfast, but just in case the rain came back, they had to leave right away instead of eating first. When they got home, both kids had an ice cream cone. Someday when I have grandchildren (gosh, that's a long time from now) I'm going to do that kind of stuff so I can be the favorite. Why do parents have to be the bad guys all the time? Someday, I'm going to do the fun stuff and break the rules. It's going to be great.

No comments: