Friday, April 4, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I went to the doctor yesterday. I actually had to bring the kids with me and I was nervous because sometimes they like to run around and pretend they can't hear me. They liked to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Tyler says it sounds like a train. They were very well behaved and we had no problems (probably because Daddy was there to help). The doctor says I'm just barely starting to dilate. Not even 1 cm, but it's a start! I actually feel pretty good right now, so I'm okay with being pregnant just a little bit longer. Of course, I always feel pretty good in the morning so I'll probably feel differently tonight. Actually, I'm going to be really upset if I go into labor today. Ben and I are going to see Rascal Flatts tonight. While I'm very excited to have this baby, I would love to have a night out with my hottie husband one more time before life gets too crazy.
Speaking of my hottie husband, he's trying to weigh less than me! I've gained more weight with this pregnancy than ever before and I'm only a few pounds away from Ben. No girl ever wants to weigh more than her husband! If you see him, please feed him cookies or something really heavy so that I don't have to go through that. :-) I'm going to start slathering his food in shortening and sticking lead weights in his shoes. The truth is, I'm really proud of him. He has been working really hard. He lost a ton of weight and now he's toning up. He was lifting weights at midnight last night. That's dedication! I get pretty jealous when I see his six pack forming when the only lines on my stomach are stretch marks! But pretty soon I'll be able to start exercising and while I'm pretty sure I'll never have a six pack, at least I'll be able to see my feet again.
Funny side note, I talked to the kids about holding the baby. Nicole put her arms around my stomach and tried to lift it. There was a lot of grunting involved. Then she said, "Your baby is too heavy, I don't want it to sit on my lap." I thought it was cute. :-)

No comments: