Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Birthday Girl



Okay, two birthdays in one week. It wasn't a big deal this year, but I have a feeling that it will get more complicated as the years go on. Well, Tori is a year old. Thank goodness! Everyone kept telling me that the first year was going to be rough with her. That was an understatement! This was the longest, most difficult year of my life. This is going to sound terrible, but thank goodness it's over!! I love babies, but Tori was difficult (to say the least) and hopefully now that she's learning to walk she'll be more independent and happier. So, for her birthday we decided to have a birthday BBQ/Bonfire at my parents house. The weather was amazing and it was so nice to be outside. I thought it would be easier clean up for Tori with her cake since we could just hose it off the back deck. Tiffany made the most delicious cake and I thought for sure Tori would just dive right into it. Instead, she stuck one finger in the frosting and that was it. Needless to say, there aren't any cute pictures of her covered in birthday cake. She loves the baby doll that Nicole picked out for her and she has been dragging it around all over the house. She was totally oblivious to the fact that it was her birthday. I'm okay with that because I'm sure that next year she'll want to be the center of attention like most 2-year-olds. I love my little girl and I'm glad that things are getting easier. I hope that I can be the kind of mother that she needs and that eventually she'll move past these difficult phases. It's a good thing she's so dang cute!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet picture of Tori! And Tiffany made a cake- jealous! I am still thinking about your birthday cake...yum!

Laurel said...

It's already her birthday??? Holy cow! Happy Birthday to your sweet Tori and to Tyler, and I'm glad you guys got to enjoy the birthdays, too. :)

Catherine said...

I guess I'm a REALLY bad friend because I had no idea you were having such a hard time with Tori. I'm glad that it seems to be ironing itself out though.

Oh, and I just wanted to tell you that I finally read Stoney Creek, Alabama (interlibrary loan took FOREVER) and I just thought it was okay. However, I went ahead and bought The Hunger Games and can I just say that I am soooo grateful that I own it! It was FANTASTIC!!! After I came home from the Hospital with Jessica it came in and I read it in one day!!! I loaned it to my friend who also devoured it. So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Do you know when the next one is coming out? And, do you have any other recommendations?