Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shoes

I like shoes. They are a wonderful thing. They keep my feet from getting all cut up when I walk down the street. They keep my feet warm in the winter. They accent my cute toes in the summer. But I never really thought of myself as a "shoe girl". You know who I'm talking about. That girl who LOVES shoes and can't pass by a shoe store without drooling at the display window. I am not that girl. (not that there's anything wrong with that.) Well, today was my 'organize-my-closet' day. I hate that day. I need a bigger closet and trying to cram all my stuff in there is never pretty. I decided to take all my shoes out, get rid of the ones that I haven't worn since I had children and maybe I'd have more order in my life (and my closet). I was SHOCKED to see how many shoes I have! I counted them up and came up with the unbelievably large number of 50! Are you kidding me! I weeded through them and got rid of 8 pairs of shoes. But I would never in a million years thought that I had 50 pairs of shoes. I'm not sure if I deserve a high-five or if I should hide my head in shame. I guess it depends on who I'm around. Anyway, I took a picture of my shoe collection. My entire king-sized bed is covered in my shoes. Sigh. Maybe I should just embrace it and be that girl. Laurel, will you teach me?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

HECK,YES! Embrace it! Embrace it! While Jason will try time and time again to convince me otherwise, there is so much happiness is realizing how many different pairs of black heels you "really need" to emcompass every style (ie. stiletto and pointy, round closed toe, peep toes, patent leather versions of all the above... you get the idea). He made me count once, and I just quit at 50. It's bad. Too bad that once you give into the madness, you just need to feed it more and more with the new styles!

all about the girls said...

Pretty sure that having 50 pairs and whittling it down to 42 counts as being a shoe girl!! Work it! Shoes are fabulous!