Thursday, March 11, 2010

Missing Diamonds

This is Tori. Yes, she's insane. Yes her cheeks are always that red, and no, she's not usually that clean. Miraculously enough, she has her hair done. I know, I'm feeling pretty good about my parenting skills today. But yesterday, she was not quite as cooperative. I gave up on trying to make her hair cute (she was NOT in the mood) so I settled for just brushing it and trying to keep it from mingling with the snot on her face. While I was brushing her hair, I noticed something.












This is one side of her face.













This is the other side.

Notice anything different?





Here, let me blow it up for you...

























Her earring is gone!!!! Nooooooo!!!!!

I realize you probably think I'm overreacting. It's just an earring, right? Nicole has her ears pierced and we have a gazillion little girl earrings all over the place. But these were special. There's a little notch in the back that makes them very hard to get off. That's handy for little girls with grabby hands. Also, they were tiny. I mean really tiny! They were the smallest diamond earrings I could find. I love having her ears pierced, but I don't want some huge gaudy bling on her face. These were perfect (and they weren't cheap) and she's been wearing the same pair for over a year. I was crushed. The bad thing about it being so small is that it would be next to impossible to find. Especially since I have no idea when or where it fell out. I searched her floor and managed to find the back. The back doesn't do a lot of good without the front! I searched her room, but I haven't vacuumed in a few days and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. So frustrating! I had basically given up after about 45 minutes of crawling around my house. 
This is my carpet: (the earring is in this picture, do you see it?)














Fast forward to this morning. I had to change Tori's diaper and she was doing her best to escape. I managed to catch her (she's really fast!) and plopped her down on the floor. Lo and behold, her earring was right where I pinned her down! I was so excited! I cannot explain my joy! 




So, now she has two earrings in and her face is dirty.
 
Everything is right in the world. 

2 comments:

mom/grandma debbi said...

YEA!!!!

Kim said...

Ahh such a cute post! I wish I could see you guys! I LOVE finding something I've lost... way to go!