Thursday, February 10, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New


We have replaced our washer and dryer, stove/oven, refrigerator, water heater, bought a dog (and all the things that go along with it), redecorated the kids' bedrooms, and got new carpet. All of this in just the last year or two. Seriously, when it rains, it pours. Speaking of water damage, our hardwood floor is warped -- right in front of the dishwasher. Uh oh. This can't be good. Ben pulled out the dishwasher and found that we have a slow leak under it. Sigh. This is very bad timing. So, he pulled it out and we took it out to the garage. We put a few fans on the wet spot and hoped for the best. Will it ever dry? Who knows. I was so sad! Our dishwasher was old, but it worked really well! I didn't appreciate it nearly as much as I should have though. Now that I am without a dishwasher, I realize just how wonderful it was. We didn't have a dishwasher when we were in college, but we didn't have children either. Ben picked out a new one and brought it home. It's so pretty! It's so shiny, you can see me taking it's picture:
Ben worked so hard getting it installed and it's leaking! Seriously!? What the heck!? Not cool. So, now I have a pretty, new dishwasher in my kitchen, begging to be loaded up with my dirty dishes. Instead, it will sit there -- empty -- until Monday when the repair guy will come and try to fix it. Until then, we will be using paper plates and everyone will be limited to one cup during the day. Wish me luck!

No comments: