Friday, November 4, 2011

Self- Image is Important

I always wonder how people see themselves. As someone who has struggled with self-esteem and self-image issues my whole life, I hate the thought of my children struggling with that. Nicole seems to think that she's the most beautiful, talented, funny, elegant, brilliant, wonderful person that has ever walked the Earth. No self-esteem problems there! Tori is only 3 so I don't know how much she really thinks about that stuff, but I'm not terribly worried about her either. Tyler is definitely trying to figure out who he is and where he fits in. I think he's figuring it out pretty well. He has a few good friends and a lot of "school friends" that make him feel good about who he is.
I love to see how children draw themselves. I think it reveals a lot about how they see themselves. I didn't think Tori knew how to draw a picture of herself, but she does! Here is her first self-portrait:
It looks just like her, don't you think?

No comments: