Sunday, April 13, 2008

What if I don't want to?

Just wanted to share a funny story really quick. Ben told the kids he was going to take them to a basketball game. They were very excited. Then Nicole asked me if I was going to go. The idea of sitting in an uncomfortable chair in the Rose Garden for hours on end when I could be taking a nap or watching a movie or something wonderful like that makes it a pretty easy decision. I told her I was going to stay home. Keep in mind that she is 2 1/2 and doesn't always think before she speaks, but always speaks her mind. She then says to me, "Yeah, Mommy, you stay home and clean the kitchen." What the heck! But how can you resist that face...

2 comments:

Ben said...

the funny part is....she did clean the kitchen while we were gone.

Laurel said...

So funny! Gotta' love that toddler honesty. We actually went to a Blazers game about a month before my due date last year, and it was NOT the most comfortable 2 1/2 hours of my life. Still fun, but definitely not a day at the spa (which still isn't peaches and cream when you're 8 months prego). Nicole is darling!