Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I am posting this willingly. No, really, I am!


Well, in an effort to acquiesce to the demands of my wife to post a, uh, posting, on this blog. I know, I know. acquiesce is way to big of a word to be coming out of my mouth. That is why the thesaurus feature of Word is great. It makes it appear that I am smarter than I really am. Well, at least that my vocabulary is a little bigger than Tyler's, which shouldn't be too hard, since his entire vocabulary tonight consists of the phrases, "I want mommy" and "mommy, hug". It's a real treat, let me tell you.

Kristi has now sat down next to me while I am typing this, so I better clean it up for the censoring board.

I really do not know what to discuss with whomever may be reading this. I am pretty excited to weigh less than 180 pounds again. I was a little soft around the edges there for a few years, as recently as June, I weighed in at a svelte 206 pounds. So I have lost 27 pounds in 3 1/2 months and now weigh less than when I got home off my mission. (Random event: Nicole just ran up to me and informed me that she wants more 'po-corn' and then ran away arms flailing. I really wish we had a video of her running. It is quite hilarious. End random thought)

I am putting in 2 pictures here for your comparison. One is me and one is Tyler. Obviously you can tell who is who, but I like to think that this is pretty concrete proof that Tyler is indeed my son. Not to imply that there was ever any doubt or question about that, there isn't, but it is funny to see nonetheless.



Kristi just told me that I need to write my whole life story. I disagree whole-heartedly with that notion. I think it would be fair however to finally admit the truth about what went down the night Kristi and I met. The truth is, and I bet Kristi would never think that I would finally cop to it, but the truth needs to come out after 7(!!!) years. The truth is, she kissed me first. I know, I am a wuss, but she apparently saw something she wanted, or in the more likely scenario, she was just desperate for some action. So that is the unvarnished truth and now you know. And as we all know, knowing is half the battle. Well, its at least a good one-eighth of the battle. It might even be a majority of the battle. Okay, I am done now. I better post a picture of Nicole to alleviate any potential jealousy that the kids may feel. Alright, I am really done now. Gigitty.

5 comments:

Miracle Gro said...

206 pounds???? Holy blubber batman, you were fat (I only say that because we have similar frames and 206 pounds on me wouldn't be well). I guess that is what happens with a desk job. I recently have switched to diet Mountain Dew. I get the chemical fill I need without the load of sugar. It would be optimal to mix the diet with regular MD. On my mission, I got up to the high 180's/ low 190's in one area but have seen the higher side of 183 since. It must be my blast furnace metabolism.

Also, I recall being privileged to participate in the courtship of you and Kristi. I think it was a comedy show at some club where the guy did a hypnotic routine and convinced everyone that he was . . . ummm . . . kick stand comes to mind. That was fun.

Miracle Gro said...

meant to say have never seen the higher side of 183 since.

Ben said...

I try the diet Dew, and unfortunately, it tastes like, well, you don't want to know what i was going to refer to, but it wasn't good. Mostly I find if I don't eat breakfast or lunch, then I can justify slamming a 64 oz. mountain dew. not that its healthy or anything.

I totally forgot that you were there at the club that night. You me and York, right? (btw, have you talked to him lately? I have....) Crazy times.

Miracle Gro said...

No, it was you, Kristi, myself and Nicole. How did you get a hold of York? I would like to catch up.

Ben said...

I got a hold of him on facebook. its an 'interesting' story to say the least. email me at ben@lenzfinancial.com and ill tell you about it.