Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Three foods I wish were healthy

I love to eat. I especially love to eat food that is bad for me. Every once in a while I thoroughly enjoy something healthy, but even that would probably taste better with something sugary or fatty added in. Here are 3 foods that I really wish were healthy so I could eat them every single day and not feel bad about it:
-Marshmallows. Not the big ones so much (though that's good for s'mores) but the little mini-marshmallows. My kids have them with pretzels for snack once in a while and I always stare at them longingly and my mouth starts to water. I just ate one and it was the most delicious thing ever. Maybe it's the pregnancy or maybe I haven't had one in a while, but, oh man, it was good.
-Cream cheese. I would put cream cheese on everything if I could. I like it on sandwiches, bagels, crackers. I like to put it in casseroles, mashed potatoes, frosting (oh sweet, delicious frosting), cookies, and basically anything that I can get my hands on. Of course, it goes without saying that it's the best part of cheesecake too. I could eat cheesecake all day long... It's just too bad that it's got so much fat in it! I don't really like cheese in general, but cream cheese is probably my favorite dairy product (next to chocolate milk).
-Peanut butter. Today I had toast with peanut butter and honey for breakfast. For a snack I had an apple dipped in peanut butter. For lunch I had macaroni and cheese, but I wished I was eating something with peanut butter. When I'm done typing, I'll probably go eat a spoonful of it with some chocolate chips because my mouth is starting to water.
I realize that I would be 300 pounds if I ate these things a lot, but luckily, I have some self control. I'm not going to go nuts and live on this junk, I'm just saying that I wish these things were good for me so I could indulge myself a little more often without getting fat or feeling guilty. Hopefully I planted the idea in your head and you'll have a sweet tooth all day and think of me. Have a marvelous day!!

No comments: