Thursday, October 9, 2008

I got the big snip-snip!

I did it! I chopped off 2/3 of my hair! It feels so good to have all that weight off. I feel like stepping on the scale to see if I actually lost weight or if I just feel lighter! It could be the boot camp class I went to last night (I can barely walk today because of it). Anyway, I feel a little strange because every time I walk past a window or mirror or catch my reflection in something, I am a little startled because I don't really recognize myself yet. I really do like it, even though it looks a little more Katie Holmes-ish than I wanted. You can't really see the back in the pictures, but it's really short and I left it curly. So, basically, I look completely different front to back. From the back you'd never guess that the front is straight, and from the front, you'd never guess that the back is curly! It's nice because I did my hair last night and it still looked good when I woke up this morning! Just a little fluffing and off I went. And the most important thing is I didn't put my hair up for the first time in many, many moons.



In other news, Tori had her first taste of chocolate cake. Let me tell you all a little secret: I'm 27 years old and JUST began my love affair with chocolate cake. Up until now, I really wasn't a fan of the stuff. I'm not sure what changed, but I am basically obsessed with chocolate cake now. All I want to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is cake. Ben made a cake last week that basically sent my mouth on a trip to heaven and back. I left the last slice on the counter and Tori was sitting up there while I was busy doing something in there (don't worry, I kept a close eye on her) when I found her destroying the last piece of cake!!! She loved it, so I couldn't get mad. I guess my waist is a little happier without those calories too.

The weather is getting cooler and I actually had to turn on the heater today. It was so cold in my house that Tyler wouldn't take off his coat when we got home from preschool! So, I broke down and turned on the heater. The kids ran over to the "hot air blower" and sat on the vent. They took turns putting their bare feet on it while "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" it was really cute. They also felt the need to recite the pledge of allegiance while they were sitting there (random, I know). They both put their hands on their hearts and recited the whole thing! It looks like they actually learn something at school! It's hard to tell in the picture, but they are sitting on the vent. When the air turned off, they just hopped up and went back to the toy room. Life's simple pleasures....

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

SOOOO CUTE! I LOVE IT! Seriously that picture of the side makes you look like a model.

mom/grandma debbi said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! What a great change! MISS you guys!

all about the girls said...

Love the hair! Can't wait to see it! I can't believe Ben makes chocolate cake....amazing! He cooks, you look like a model....

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

I love it Kristi! I leave town and you get makeovers. Tori looks so cute too. I can't wait to hang out again.

Annie said...

Very cute haircut! Looks very good on you!

Laurel said...

K, I REALLY like the hair! Even if it is a little Kaite Holmes-ish (Hey, she may be a little weirdo, but is beautiful!). And I love that Tori loves her some chocolate cake. You know I do. :)

Bri said...

I have never craved chocolate before until having a baby....must have something to do with the hormones? Who knows, but I am also loving chocolate cake! Cute hair too! :)