Thursday, May 6, 2010

Feel Sorry for Me

We had a little family get-together last weekend and my whole family was there! Ryan came up from McMinnville, David and Sara came from Provo, and Jason drove down from Bellingham. It was so much fun having everyone here! There was just one little snag in the whole shabang: I fell. Tyler wanted me to go up to the barn with him to look for some toy and while we were looking, I encountered this:
 
It felt a little below average. Actually, it hurt like the dickens. The worst party was Tyler. When he heard the sound of my body breaking he looked over and said, "Hey, Mom, you should really watch where you're going." If he had been within my reach, I would have throttled him! (probably not, actually) But then after he saw the rage and pain on my face, he said, "But I know you can be brave." I got really dirty too! There's dirt everywhere and I put a little hole in my new jeans. No bueno.
 Now I have this awesome bruise on my leg. It hurts so bad! I can't kneel down which is difficult when you have 3 kids. 
Let's hope this thing heals soon!  p.s. the picture just doesn't do it justice. The bruise goes pretty far down my leg but it doesn't show up on camera very well.
Thank you for your sympathy.







4 comments:

The Bluemel Family said...

Yikes! I hope it heals quickly. That looks quite painful.

Laurel said...

Okay, that actually looks REALLY bad. :( Seriously no bueno. At least you know your firstborn is clever and funny, right? ;)

mom/grandma debbi said...

OMG! Here is a ton of sympathy. That is bad stuff! Hope you are feeling better! OUCH, makes me cringe just to think about it!

tara said...

totally sending sympathy your way!! that totally sucks! i hate finding out how much you need something aka knees, until you can't use them.
i hope all heals soon! good luck