Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hawaii

Day 3

I am not used to sleeping in this kind of heat or humidity. It might take a few days to get used to. Thank goodness for 5 hour energy! We went to breakfast at Boots and Kimos. They are famous for Macadamia Nut Pancakes but I wanted some protein so I got eggs benedict. it looked good, but Ben's tasted sooo much better. Next time I'm definitely getting the pancakes.


We wanted to lay on the beach, but it was pouring rain. Lucky for us, we could just drive to the other side of the island and enjoy the sun. We ended up at the beach in Waikiki where we spent a few hours lounging in the sun. 

 And of course, when I say "lounging" I mean that I was lounging and Ben was playing "words with friends" on his phone. This was a constant for both of us for the entire trip. I think the sun was frying my brain as well as my skin because I was really having a hard time focusing on the game.
I could feel my skin frying so I forced Ben to leave and buy me some lunch. He went for the "plate lunch" option with steak and rice. I was craving subway (I've been wanting it for months!) so I got a BLT with sweet onion sauce. Delish.
We both got a little toasty on the beach so we decided to stay out of the sun for the rest of the day. There were a few movies out that we wanted to see, so (after buying some aloe at Walgreens) we found the nearest theater and decided to see Fast Five. Too bad it doesn't start for an hour... and the tickets are stupidly expensive... and we are covered in sand and seawater. Back to Shayna's and Duke's house. We got all cleaned up, got some dinner at L&L and then went to the theater in Kaneohe. The movie was entertaining and the theater was cool. Perfect. I had a pretty awesome movie snack too (shh... don't tell anyone that I brought outside food into the theater). Now, keep an open mind and don't judge me until you've tried it:
It's called Spam Musubi. It's like sushi, but they use fried Spam instead of raw fish. This one is Teriyaki flavored so it has sauce on it. OMG. I love this so much. I don't eat Spam unless I'm in Hawaii. It's seriously like heaven in my mouth. Oddly enough, my favorite place to get Spam Musubi is at 7-11 by the tray of rolling hot dogs. YUM!

No comments: