Friday, April 20, 2012

Tori's 4th Birthday

While Tyler's 8 years seem to have flown by, Tori's 4 short years have been some of the most difficult of my life. Having 3 kids is so much more work than having just 2 of them! I cannot imagine my life without her. She has taught me so much about life and about myself. She gives me "lucky hugs" (which involve a running start and extra squeezing) that absolutely melt my heart. The "lucky kisses" are a bit more awkward. It's a very tight lipped, firm, eyes-wide-open kiss that lasts 30 seconds or more. But I love them. Happy Birthday, Victoria. I love you more than words can say.




Tori got to celebrate this year with a group of her friends. Aubrey, Lilia, and Scout from her group of church friends. Shaylene, Marissa, and Bella from her group of school friends. They had lot of fun at her "Jelly Bean" themed party. I know, it's a strange theme. All year she has been telling me that she is going to have a "Halloween" birthday. I thought that was a fun idea and I already have lots of decorations I could use. Then, a week before the big day, she tells me that she wants a jelly bean party. Lucky for me, Easter was just a week or two before her birthday and jelly beans are cheap and easy to find. They played pin-the-banana-on-the-monkey, had a butterfly shaped pinata (filled with little bags of jelly beans), decorated cupcakes, and played with her toys. 
We celebrated with the family a few days earlier. She didn't want a cake. She asked me to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies instead. (see recipe at the bottom of this post) She also had a party at school. By the time all of the parties were over, she thought she had turned a new age with each one. We had a little talk about how she's not actually 6 just because she has had that many parties. She is such a sweet girl!

1 comment:

Micha said...

Ha! She is so cute! I keep wondering if I should be grateful to have missed the hard years because I think she's just the most adorable thing on planet Earth.

Sounds like the Jelly Bean party was a great success.